In Capterra’s latest marketing survey on the priorities of B2B software marketers, lead generation was the second most popular response, trailing only SEO. Since the marketing function has to contribute 30-50% of a sales pipeline, the need for quality leads is a key indicator that the marketing team is doing its job.
This selection of key b2b lead generation statistics can be helpful to review/align your lead generation campaigns.
- B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads than companies that don’t.
- Over 50% of B2B marketers do not use direct mail to generate leads.
- The most effective B2B lead generation tactics are inside sales, executive events, telemarketing, tradeshows and conferences, and email or electronic newsletters.
- 49% of B2B marketers site social media marketing as the most difficult lead generation tactic to execute (eMarketer) For B2B software marketers, however, the top sources of new business are organic search, SEM/PPC advertising, and word of mouth referrals.
- Nearly half (45%) of companies are using some form of CRM to store lead data, and 84% of those companies have a standard in place for scoring lead quality.
- 37% of B2B marketers are using marketing automation to generate leads.
- 44% of B2B marketers have generated leads via LinkedIn, whereas only 39% have generated leads through Facebook and just 30% through Twitter.
References: 20 Marketing Statistics That Will Drive 2014 [INFOGRAPHIC] - AllTwitter B2B Lead Generation Trends 2013 (B2B Technology Marketing Community) Marketing Strategy - B2B Lead Generation Trends for 2014: MarketingProfs Business Software Buying Trends 2013- Capterra Industry Survey Lead Generation Trends in 2014 - ReachForce B2B Lead Generation